Next week we celebrate National Science Week 2021. The school theme is Food: Different by Design. It honors the United Nations International Year of Fruits and Vegetables and the International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development.
Unfortunately we have had to cancel the Science Spectacular that usually takes place, due to COVID restrictions around events in schools. We are disappointed that this hands on experiments and learning will not be taking place in 2021.
However, we are not giving up! We will continue to celebrate in the following way!
1. Science Fair: entries to be submitted to various school locations on Monday 16th August.
2. Scientists at work: We are looking for parents/carers who work in the Sciences and would like to pre record a short tour or presentation of their workplace to be shown to classes during the week. Please send them to Mr Sainsbury by Friday 20th August. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Mini Film Festival: Make your short film around anything "Science" and email the file to Mr Knight at email@example.com by Friday 20th August.
4. Science Week displays will be set up in the school Library window and L Block Display cabinet. Let us know if you have anything we can put in them!
5. Quick Write in Dirram Yani on Thursday 19th - we will Facebook our Science Week stimulus!
Have a go at isolating DNA in strawberries using some household ingredients. Maybe you can find DNA in some other foods.
Check out Strawberry DNA Extraction.pdf