Student Code of Conduct*
Essential to effective learning is a safe, supportive and disciplined environment that respects the following rights:
- the rights of all students to learn
- the rights of teachers to teach
- the rights of all to be safe.
The Student Code of Conduct defines the responsibilities that all members of the school community are expected to uphold and recognises the significance of appropriate and meaningful relationships. All members of school communities are expected to conduct themselves in a lawful, ethical, safe and responsible manner that recognises and respects the rights of others.
Student Code of Conduct (PDF, 2.47 MB) *
Further details can be found online
'Code of School Behaviour' – Education Queensland.
* The Student Code of Conduct is currently under review.
Homework Procedure and Guidelines
The West End State School Homework Policy is aligned with the Department of Education, Training and Employment’s P-12 curriculum, assessment and reporting framework (2013) and Policy Statement: Homework.
The purpose of this policy is to provide a shared understanding of the importance placed on the completion of homework by children and to provide guidelines for parents, staff and students for the expectations placed on children as learners so that a healthy life balance can be achieved.
Homework procedure and guidelines (PDF, 542KB)
Student leaders at West End State School are the student representatives of our learning community. This representation is a public position with student leaders being called upon for official and/or special occasions (at the discretion of the Principal) to embrace and model all values and expectations of students within our community.
In addition to this student leaders will:
- be responsible to the school administration and should carry out all duties asked of them by any member of the school administration
- promote all goals and values that are important at West End State School
- display exemplary conduct and attitudes relating to all areas of school life
- work enthusiastically with fellow students in assisting the educational opportunities for all.
For more information on our school's program please view the Student Leadership Guidelines 2021-2025 (PDF, 3.07MB)